Generating xsd files

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Hi there,

 

interesting project ..  how did you generate all the ogc schema files? I tried it once, but failed due to an issue of xsd.exe (circular group references in sweCommon). Did you use a commercial tool for that?

 

Best

 

  Henning

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Hi Henning,

To generate the XSD files using tools I had manually to comment out those circular references, generate the code and then restore it in the code once I had my C# files generated.
Eventually I end up refactoring generated code, split into separate files for example, replace Array with List etc.

Please take a look at generated files and let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Thanks,
Oleg


On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:21 AM, hbredel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: hbredel

Hi there,

 

interesting project ..  how did you generate all the ogc schema files? I tried it once, but failed due to an issue of xsd.exe (circular group references in sweCommon). Did you use a commercial tool for that?

 

Best

 

  Henning

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM
olegkap wrote:
Hi Henning,
To generate the XSD files using tools I had manually to comment out those circular references, generate the code and then restore it in the code once I had my C# files generated.
Eventually I end up refactoring generated code, split into separate files for example, replace Array with List etc.
Please take a look at generated files and let us know if you have any problems or questions.
Thanks,
Oleg

 

Well, sounds like tedious work .. I wasn't nervy enough doing that stuff: searching, commenting, adopting generated files -- hopefully correct. Thumbs up for that work. Maybe you could provide that code as an extra project/dll and share it with the OGC community^^. AFAIR there were a long discussion about that problem on the SWE.WG mailinglist in January.

Best regards

 

  Henning

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Its actually comes as a separate DLL, project inside OGC project.
As far as keep it correct, even if its generated by XSD tool doesn't mean its correct, for example it doesn't support substituionGroup, so I had to manually scan the whole xsd and to add missing information into classes.
I added a validation feature to the OGC service, it was mostly done for development, so basically I could validate the output produced by the service against OGC schema's to make sure that result is OGC compliant.

You right, it was a tedious work but my hope was at least to start it and then hopefully people will join and help me with that. 

Oleg



On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM, hbredel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: hbredel

olegkap wrote:
Hi Henning,
To generate the XSD files using tools I had manually to comment out those circular references, generate the code and then restore it in the code once I had my C# files generated.
Eventually I end up refactoring generated code, split into separate files for example, replace Array with List etc.
Please take a look at generated files and let us know if you have any problems or questions.
Thanks,
Oleg

 

Well, sounds like tedious work .. I wasn't nervy enough doing that stuff: searching, commenting, adopting generated files -- hopefully correct. Thumbs up for that work. Maybe you could provide that code as an extra project/dll and share it with the OGC community^^. AFAIR there were a long discussion about that problem on the SWE.WG mailinglist in January.

Best regards

 

  Henning

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ogc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ogc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 22, 2009 at 5:53 PM
olegkap wrote:
Its actually comes as a separate DLL, project inside OGC project.
As far as keep it correct, even if its generated by XSD tool doesn't mean its correct, for example it doesn't support substituionGroup, so I had to manually scan the whole xsd and to add missing information into classes.
I added a validation feature to the OGC service, it was mostly done for development, so basically I could validate the output produced by the service against OGC schema's to make sure that result is OGC compliant.
You right, it was a tedious work but my hope was at least to start it and then hopefully people will join and help me with that. 

 

Well, I'm not sure if I could give you some help in that stuff. Perhaps you could post some details what else has do be done for the project :-).

 

Best

 

  Henning